Monday, May 08, 2006

The Woods


'The Woods' by Rose Vickers

I went to an open studio exhibition yesterday and met some amazing creative people. It's strange that now I finally feel ready to be myself people seem really keen to get to know me. I exchanged emails and am looking forward to visiting them again. The image is a light box made using a hand cut stencil by an artist called Rose Vickers, whose studio was sadly shut. I'm definitely going to try and meet up with her. The words are beautiful in this piece:

"The
woods
were lovely
dark and
deep
but I have
miles to go
before I
sleep"

I wonder where this is from, sounds like a strange fairy tale...

4 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

i love that you're starting to make contact with other artists - creating your inspiring artsy tribe! you're such a visually aware person, i'm looking forward to seeing the artists and websites you introduce us too, as well as your own work (for me, that's the best bit - i love your work so much :-)
Sx

abby said...

Thanks sister, I wouldn't and couldn't have done this without you. You've been my rock for so long, I can't imagine ever being without you. Even though we're far apart I feel like you're with me all the time, you're an inspiration. You've been so brave over this past year and I admire you more than you'll probably ever know. I love you... xxx

Susannah Conway said...

okay, now you're gonna make me cry....

i'd be lost without you, lil sis. you complete me (imagine that said in a Dr Evil voice :-)
xx

Anonymous said...

I believe the words are taken from a poem by Robert Frost, "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening."