Tuesday, May 09, 2006

There once was a little girl who spent far too much time daydreaming…


Yesterday saw my very final counselling session marking a three year anniversary. It was an enjoyable end, a joy to be able to say that everything is going really well at the moment and that I feel ready to deal with anything that comes my way. I have finally realised that there will never come a point where I can draw a line and say 'this is it!'. This IS it, my life as it is now, and I can't waste any more time waiting for it to start. It's happening every second. I've made some plans, one being to travel more, I have an ambitious idea of going to Brazil!. Mainly I want to start being creative and enjoying it again. As an illustrator I got stuck doing commissions that I didn't really enjoy, never wanting to turn anything down. Now I am teaching more I have time to work on my own ideas, I just hope I can pin myself down to a couple!! The picture above was something I did years ago. It was for myself as a response to 'Like Water For Chocolate' one of my favourite books ever. Read it soon if you haven't already.

Right...

Time to stop delaying and get on with it...

5 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

i've always loved this painting you did. i'm so excited that you're making time in your life to get creative again - i can feel good things coming... can you feel them too? ... like a storm of creativity and inspiration heading your way.... you don't need an umbrella anymore

love you x

Amber said...

I love it. I like your style! Is that the right word for art? well, I like it.

:)

boho girl said...

i am breathless. i absolutely LOVE that painting and am so tempted to commission you to do one for my future nursery of a pregnant woman.

you~creative~you.

i adore your sister as though i have known her for years. i hope to find a sort of kindred connection with you, through her.

i saw the movie "Like Water for Chocolate" but have yet to read the book. perhaps i'll pick it up after i read "Lovely Bones" from your sis.

welcome, welcome to the sisterhood.

Colorsonmymind said...

Oh- I was truly moved by this piece...I wish I could hang it on my wall.

I am so happy to "meet" you.

Anonymous said...

I love this illustration...it reminds me a bit of how I felt while pregnant, all mysterious and moon-like.

Nice to meet you. :) Your sis's blog is one of my very favorites!