Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I am grateful

I have been feeling like I never have any time, feeling stressed and rushed, feeling thin, stretched and tired. I have been hoping for good news at work, that finally someone will realise what I could bring to the illustration course if given more responsibility and hours. I am still in the dark about what will happen after the summer, lots of promises and 'don't worry you'll be fine' but money and time is running out. The weather seemed fitting, after days of sunshine today was rainy and humid. I got home late and not my usual springy self.

But really what do I have to feel down about? My life is actually pretty great, and I should make the most of every moment. So inspired by Penelope I have decided to recognise the things that I am grateful for each day. Hopefully in the form of some experiments with media!

Five things I am grateful for:
1. The coolness of the rain after sleepless nights.
2. My big sis who can make the most impossible or painful times seem manageable, my light in the dark...
3. The phone call offering me an interview for some new teaching work.
4. My home, unfinished, untidy but all mine.
5. The smiling face that i wake up to every day, who can make me laugh even when i'm crying.



6 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

Hey lil sis, it's your monthly post! (tee hee :-) Ahhh, seeing Steve's smiling face in that pic makes me want to smile too. we're all going to have a great summer, and work will take care of itself, don't you worry... love you bunny xx

boho girl said...

you are beautiful.

so lovely to see you here again. i check in on you every day to get a glimpse into your life. no pressure...just wanted you to know. i know we must all write when inspired.

i too love the coolness of the rain.

btw...really dig your new profile picture and colorful banner.

love,
boho xoxo

Madeleine said...

And we're grateful for you little Abba Dabba.
Beautiful Angel Pie, Ray of light.

It's so lovely to see your face on the blog..
Good luck with the work. You're such a talent you deserve to go so far-and you will :)

Deirdre said...

I have to second Boho's comment. Good to see you back. I love your gratitude list; it helps keep everything in perspective.

Rachel said...

The pics are lovely Abigail, good luck with the job. It's good to see you back.

Colorsonmymind said...

I love the pictures and the list.

You are beautiful.